Thursday, October 13, 2005

Crisfield Harbor



Spent Wednesday anchored in Crisfield. harbor. Very windy on the Bay so we decided to stay put.

Our generator kept shutting down and the water temp was running too hot. Jack suggested we look at the generator impeller which pulls in sea water to cool the engine. Sure enough, it had just about disintegrated (see photos). Not good! Once that was changed, everything ran normally. It's always something...

While we were in the engine room, Jack also showed me how to change the fuel filters. Not overly complicated but I was glad to watch someone else do it while I took notes.

Pam and I spent the evening pulling out spares, inventorying them and trying to get some semblance of order.



Photo: Jack Collard aboard "Eldridge C" (note the crab on the Crisfield water tower). This is the "Crab Picking Capital of the World"!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam and John,

My scenery is a little different than yours. The fall foliage is beautiful in the Wasach Mts. This web-site is a wonderful way to keep in touch and see your progress. I wish you well and no more disintegrating impellers. Have a Great Trip!!!

Harriet Lytle

Anonymous said...

Hi John & Pam- what a nice surprise that BCYC (Claudia?) hot buttoned this site of yours. Southing on the ICW thrice,we did the impeller cha-cha many a time too, and always carried a spare or two!! Best of luck, and may your "always somethings" be small ones. Michelle (and Rich) Sanger

Anonymous said...

John and Pam,

Laurie and I are gonna follow your trip so that we are prepared when our turn comes!! We blew out an impeller on our gen a month or so ago...always something!!

Enjoy every minute and I have noticed that you guys always watch the sunset!! Cool!!

Anonymous said...

John and Pam....I didn't sign off on the last one....this is Mike and Laurie on Panache!!

Cheers

Anonymous said...

FNF'ers is getting a little thin...
Jenny heading for San Diego, Marty-Jeanine in Las Vegas, Norm in O.C., you guys trolling the Chesapeake, just Connie, BJ and me to toast FNF.....looks like you are having a great time. Keep a lot of spare parts.

Anonymous said...

P and J-
In San Diego and thinking of you guys. I am here by myself and all screwed up as to time etc. It is 3:30 and I just had dinner. Ready to go to bed soon (home time) Dave will be arriving in the pm tomorrow. I didn't do the bike ride - 6 inches of ran toooo much.
Take care
J