Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Gasparilla Island, FL



Journeyed from Marco Island to the Captiva/Sanibel Island area and anchored in Pelican Bay off Costa Cayo. The next day we cruised just an hour north to Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island. What a gorgeous little town! The Gasparilla Inn and Cottages date from 1912 and even has its own 18 hole golf course. We anchored in a very narrow inlet and had to tie our stern to the mangroves to keep from swinging into the other boats. Boca Grande is a destination for the wealthy (and us!) but it is also very laid back and casual. Photo: Pam in the cockpit backed into the mangroves.

Photo: Gasparilla Inn & Cottages (love the golf carts!)



Sharing the waterway!!

Photo: Compass Rose anchored off Gasparilla Island

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. Jamie Agee here. I fish in Gasparilla sound quite often. Wish I had known you were going to be there--I would have taken you out on my new boat for some fishing and maybe even let you buy me a drink! Let me know if your adventures take you down this way again. My email is jamie@absolutepaytrust.com. Hope you are both doing well, although from reading your blog it seems as though you are doing just fine!